Business Directory FAQs
Please carefully read the following FAQs and guidelines before submitting your business listing.
What kind of websites do you accept?
We accept a wide range of business websites, blogs, entertainment sites, ecommerce stores and informational websites.
We do not accept the following:
- Adult, gambling or pharmaceutical sites
- Websites that are incomplete, under construction or that contain minimal content
- Websites that contain spam, malware or other harmful content
- Websites that contain or promote anything illegal (for example illegal file-sharing)
- Websites that contain offensive or harmful content
Your website should be family-friendly and suitable for anyone over the age of 13. Please note that we only accept submissions in the English language.
What information will be included in my listing?
You can include the following in your directory listing:
- Your website/business name
- A brief description of your business
- An in-depth description of your business
- A link to your business website
- Your business phone number (optional)
- Your business fax number (optional)
- Your business email*
- Your business street address (optional)
- One image or logo that represents your business (optional)
* This email address will be made publicly visible. Please use a suitable business email, not your own personal address.
Will my listing include a dofollow backlink?
By default, the link to your website will be tagged as nofollow. You can upgrade to a dofollow link simply by including a small Mountain Publishing badge on your website (or another suitable website that you own or have access to).
You can find the code for the badge here.
How do I add the badge to my site?
Simply copy & paste our HTML code into your website editor. The code will display a small Mountain Publishing badge, like the one shown below:
We suggest placing the badge in a sidebar or a footer. The badge must be displayed on a web page that is visible to the public – please do not place it on a page that is hidden behind a login screen or restricted from the public in any other way.
After placing the badge, you must send us the link to the page where the badge appears. You can do this on the submission page.
Can I choose the anchor text for my website link?
Yes you can choose your own link text, but we ask that you use some restraint.
Your link text should be short, accurate and useful to the reader. If we feel that you are using an excessive number of keywords, or any other kind of spammy, manipulative or misleading wording, we will simply remove them and use a plain url instead.
How long will it take for my listing to be approved?
We review submissions on a first-come-first-served basis. If your listing is approved, it should appear in the directory within 7 days.
Can I change or update my listing once it has gone live?
Please double-check all of your information before submitting your listing. If you do need to change your information, please send an email to email@example.com. Due to the volume of emails that we get, it could take some time to update or edit your listing.
A few more guidelines
The following will cause your submission to be rejected:
- Using an inaccurate or misleading title
- Entering spammy, poor quality, misleading or inappropriate content in the website description
- Entering inaccurate contact details that don’t match those on your website
- Submitting a business/website that is already listed in the directory
- Uploading a misleading or inappropriate image
Ready to add your link? Get started here.